Thursday, July 10, 2008

No Ace-of-Cakes

My hubby and I enjoy watching the Food Network show called Ace of Cakes. This guy and his staff can do the most amazing cakes. You really should check them out. My hubby is quite artistic and I love to bake, so we decided to try our hand at cake decorating. We made a cake for my sister-in-law's baby shower. It took us almost 2 whole days to complete it but it was well worth it for Mrs. M.

We, my hubby and I, did come to the conclusion that we would have to be doing some major practicing before we would consider setting up our own cake bakery. You can also admire my wonderful picture taking abilities. My hubby is the photographer, not I (and yes the cake is a wee bit lop-sided).


4 comments:

Heather said...

wow - I am impressed! Looks yummy too!

Chandra said...

The cake was wonderful, it was like a butter pound type cake. The icing was fondant and I am not a big fan of fondant. Didn't keep me from eating a ton of it though.

Thanks.

Mark and Jordan Anderson said...

Chandra, Chandra- you've been holding out on me girl! The cake looks great, especially for it being your first fondant cake!!! I'm loving doing the cake decorating stuff now!
heart you,
jordan

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I would love to take a cake decorating class with my daughter, but it's hard living in the boonies. How did you learn to do that icing?