Monday, July 7, 2008

Star Wars, Slip-n-Slides and Squirting Boys

Saturday was Mr. I's 5th birthday and it was a blast. He is REALLY into Star Wars (and I mean really, he plays some type of Star Wars EVERY SINGLE DAY). He wanted a star wars cake of Luke and Darth Vader fighting with their light sabers, not an easy task. You can check out our cake below, mind you we are no Duff Goldman.


That cake was enjoyed by many happy children and some uncertain ones too.



We also broke out the slip-n-slide for the hot day. I am not sure who enjoyed it more...the kids or the adults. The older boys, mainly my husbands brothers and cousins (who were visiting from Wyoming) decided to have a slip-n-slide competition. A good portion of that slipping and sliding was done on the grassy hill past the slip-n-slide. They were lathering up their chest with dish soap to see who could go the furthest. They used whatever they could for markers. It was a riot. Enjoy the pictures.



As for the squirting, that would be Lil Mr. N deciding that as soon as I opened up his diaper he was going to christen poor Aunt A. A very laughable moment and a pretty good bloggable moment also.

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY MR. I

4 comments:

Hope said...

Sounds like things got a little crazy after we left! Looks like everyone had a blast. I love the pictures, especially Miss C's face and Mr. I having a moment with his cake! Glad we ended up getting to stop by after all! Miss you guys.

Chandra said...

I am sooooo very glad we got to see you. Thanks for coming and giving Mr. I the best birthday present ever.

Marylou said...

It was a very fun day! Pappa and I had a wonderful time Your dh did a great job smoking stuff too! Thanks!!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, I!! Good job on the cake, I would definitely have known who it was. I love the look on Miss C's face - I'm just disappointed that there aren't any pics of H and N on the slip and slide. LOL