Friday, August 22, 2008

First Day of First Grade Food Fight

For those of you who don't already know, I have chosen to homeschool my boys. Thank you in advance for your prayers. I am sure I will need them. I have been doing some type of school with Mr. N and Mr. I since they were little. We started school this week and I am attempting to do both boys in the same grade. So far, so good. Note to self: It is only week 1. We are having fun but we have a lot of stuff going on. Also start out as an over-achiever and then realize I have to live in reality.

This summer the kids begged me to send them to school. They wanted to go to "real" school (thanks alot, I guess mommy's school isn't "real" enough for them, wonder if they know that I could change that). I asked them why they wanted to go to "real" school and Mr. I informed me that he wanted to pack his lunch in a lunchbox so he could eat his lunch during lunchtime. I told him that we can do that at our "real" school, so we did. Of course he chose a Star Wars lunch bag and Mr. N chose a Batman one.

So, on the first day of first grade we headed out to the picnic table for our lunch. I stepped inside to get the baby ready for a nap and pick some things up while the boys were entertained outside for the moment. Let me tell you, there were sure entertained. Mr. N. comes into the house with a look of utter disgust across his face. He is huffing and puffing and you can just tell he has HAD IT!

"Mom", he says, "do you see what my brother did to me", holding out his arms and exposing his extremely stained shirt.

"What on earth is all over your shirt?", I ask ever-so-calmly.

Apparently, Mr. I got the idea somewhere that part of lunchtime at school is having a food fight. He spit his food all over his older brother numerous times. I bet he had been planning that all summer long. Needless to say, Mr. I lost lunch packing privileges for the rest of the week. So, this is just a small glimpse of what school is like with boys. I am sure my boys are the ONLY ones who ever act like this. Please tell me they're not, PLEASE!?!?!?

2 comments:

Hope said...

Um, that's gross. I'm not telling the girls about this. They tend to throw, not spit, but I'm sure they would start spitting given the idea. :)

Marylou said...

I do not remember mine spitting food at each other, but you will have to ask your dh.... It is sorta funny though.