Monday, August 18, 2008

Grasshopper Speghetti Anyone?

This is one of those, I am definitely am surrounded by boys, post. My brother and sister and their families were in town for the weekend (we missed you H &K). With that said I am sure there may be a funny post to read in the near future regarding our kid-free night out on the town. Sorry folks but you will just have to wait....in anxious anticipation.....on the edge of your seat.....etc,etc for that post.

Okay onto what happened in my boy filled world. I was preparing dinner for the family while the boys were outside playing (Grandma and Grandpa were outside working on the yard). Anyway, Mr. I comes into the house with a somewhat suspicious grin on his precious little face. He says, "Hey mom I got something for you". More times than I care to mention I have had great little critters bestowed on me in one manner or another. This particular evening was no different. As I stand, slaving over (not really) my gourmet spaghetti (again, not really) Mr. I just continues with his mischievous grin.

I tell him he better not be planning to throw anything at me. With his little hand cupped tightly around something I knew he was definitely plotting something. I again tell him that I am cooking and he better not throw anything at me, especially while I am cooking. He just looks right at me with a huge grin and chunks a grasshopper right at me. I of course squeal in feigned fear and he laughs hysterically and runs back outside.

Later that evening I asked everyone if they enjoyed their grasshopper spaghetti. No response. We are all pretty much inoculated into the boy-filled life I live. Good thing, my three anti-bug nieces hadn't arrived quite yet. I am sure I will continue to live a bug-filled, boy-filled, dirt-filled (you get the picture) life.

Until next time, enjoy your little guys and all their bug fetishes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your darling Hubby came into the house one day when he was 2 years old, Huge crocodile tears streaming down his face, He was sobbing, and in between his sobs he gasped My hoppy bit me! Mommy why did my hoppy bite me? I love my Hoppy.... But.....he....bit me...sob....sob...sob... I guess Mr I is like his Daddy?

Unknown said...

That last comment was not from Taco, It was from your MIL..... I signed in here, but I am on your DH's computer. He must have it on permanent Sign in or somethiing... This is me, not Taco.....

Hope said...

Yes, I'm glad we were not there yet because there would have been squealing girls running in every direction, but I'm even more glad that the grasshopper didn't land in the pot of spaghetti. It didn't did it?