Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oh, How the Time Flies By

I started blogging so that I could have great stories to share with my boys when they grew up, about all the adventures they had taken. I started journaling with all of them the moment I found out I was pregnant. I was always so hit and miss so I thought blogging would be easier and I would be able to find the time to keep up with all their cute sayings, stories and "mis"adventures. As you all can see, I have been doing a superb job (note the sarcasm). It has been nearly a month since my last post. I apologize. So, in that way time flies.

Another way the time flies is when you have moments with your children and realize how grown up they have all the sudden become. Mr. N didn't want his picture with the Easter Bunny (not a big surprise since we don't really do the whole Easter Bunny, Santa Claus hoopla). Still, is was the look on his face like "Mom, are you serious?".

Then for Easter he drew a 3-phase diagram of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. He is also turning out to be quite the artist. After we had our Easter festivities (one of which included an Easter Egg Hunt, not done by Matthew or I but done by none other than Mr. N) he decided he had the perfect Easter movie.

He gets the movie out, trying to make it a surprise for everyone and trying to challenge us all to guess why it would be a good Easter movie. I am not sure if he didn't think I would figure it out or if he just wanted to tell me his great revelation. "Mom, we are going to watch Narnia. You know, because Aslan dies and comes back to life. Isn't that a good Easter movie mom." I have to admit the tears welled up. There is just something about your child grasping something so great and knowing in his heart and head what it means. It isn't just a story, it means something. He is such an amazing young man. His insight never ceases to amaze me.

There is our Easter story. We have spent the past week celebrating His (Jesus) triumphal entry, mourning His gruesome death and finding hope in the empty tomb. Enjoy the song I have posted below.



"Then bursting forth in glorious day, up from the grave He arose again". WOW! Amazing words. In a time when so many people feel lost, will you take a moment to share with them the HOPE there is in the resurrection of our Lord and Savior? May God bless you this Easter.

He has RISEN, He has risen INDEED!!!

2 comments:

Marylou said...

Thanks for the wonderful Easter! I loved it all! And yes Mr N is really growing up! Sniff sniff

Kristi Eileen said...

I must be having a “Mom day”, because this almost made me cry…