Friday, November 7, 2008

Harvest Festival - The Party of the Year

My husband and I aren't really into the whole Halloween thing. It just isn't something we want to celebrate. We want to enjoy the time of year and all that it brings. Pumpkins, hunting, harvesting, changing foliage, etc. So, 6 years ago one of my SILs and myself decided we wanted something different. We came up with an idea (well actually my dear SIL had the idea from one she had attended) to provide an alternative to the traditional Halloween ghosts, goblins and such.

The event was held at our church and open to the whole community. We had game booths, pony rides, inflatable bounce house and slide, free food and a harvest of fun. My SIL was only around for the first year and everyone insisted that Harvest Fest become an annual event. Guess who took it upon herself to make sure that happen. You guessed it.......................ME.


Harvest Fest has been a true blessing in my life and I am very passionate about it. So, if any of you were wondering if I had fallen off the face of the earth no need to fret. Harvest Fest is over and I am actually among the land of the living once more. I have been knee deep in painting, building, decorating, sorting, counting, etc for the past month and have just managed to recoup some energy (and time) to get back to the blogging world.


I had intended on having more pictures for everyone but finding time to snap pictures when you are trying to oversee 60 volunteers and accommodate over 300 parents and children doesn't leave much time for pictures. I had thought about sending dear hubby out to take pictures for me but I didn't even have time for that.


So for now I just have this one. Mr. N and Mr. I all decked out as their favorite characters (FYI: that would be pretty much anything from Star Wars). Thanks Aunt Kristi for the costumes, the boys loved them.


So have no fear I am back and blogging all about my many adventures with boys. Until next time, may the force be with you.

3 comments:

Marylou said...

Welcome back! It has been pretty lonesome out here in cyberland.

Kristi Eileen said...

How I've missed you! I had fun making the costumes:) But, next year I'll make them ahead of time if they want Aunt Kristi's made star wars costume making skills:)P.S I didn't know the story behind Harvest Fest

Nicole said...

Has anyone ever told you you have cute kids??