Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gold Mini-Vans, Books, a Sleepless Night and Yes The Duggers

I attended our yearly, homeschool conference this week and let me tell you it was quite the time. First off, gold mini-vans must now be a staple for homeschool families because it seemed like everyone had one. This is not to imply that I couldn't find my own van........okay that is exactly what I am implying. They (the gold mini-vans) were EVERYWHERE!!!!! I am sure the lack of sleep (who can sleep with a room full of excited homeschool moms) and over stimulation by ALL that curriculum didn't help in my brain issues. Of course you throw the whole newborn thing into the mix, okay you all get the picture. So that pretty much sums up the gold mini-vans, books and sleepless night items.
Onto the Duggar Family. Those kids are so stinkin' cute and very well behaved. I ran into five of them on the elevator and saw that they were on their way up to the twelfth floor which is where we were staying. I asked them if they would be keeping us up all night and one of the little boys says, "Actually we are staying on the fifth". He just sounded so grown up. Kudos to Jim Bob and Michelle, who is pregnant with their 18th child, on raising such polite,well-mannered children. Michelle just has as sweet of a spirit in person as she does on T.V. I really thought that the Duggars would provide some great blogging material but apparently everyone else did too. If you have no clue who I am even talking about you can check them out here

So the homeschool conference has come to a close and I have 3 very tired friends (from the whole sleepless night thing) who I hope all agree we will not be repeating that next year, fun as it was. I have all my curriculum and can hardly wait for the school year to begin.
So for now keep track of your gold mini-vans (especially at homeschool conferences), enjoy all the books, avoid sleepless nights if you can and remember that if Jim Bob and Michelle can handle, soon to be, 18 children, I can handle my three.

4 comments:

Hope said...

Wish I could have been there. You know, to show you where you parked! :) Kidding! Really do wish I could have been there, for the information, resources, Duggars, and most-of-all friendships! Glad you got to go!

Deanna said...

You can add tight, sore calves to your list of adjectives used to describe our group of conference-goers, as that's the precise condition I suffered as a result of climbing twelve flights of stairs in order to accomodate a friend-who-shall-remain-nameless's elevator phobia. Conveniently, however, that discomfort subsided about the same time I finally recovered from extreme sleep deprivation, which was only about three days following the conference. Exhaustion, muscle soreness, and did I mention queeziness and generalized anxiety caused by spending gobs of money on curriculum and assorted educational tools and resources in a matter of hours.... Thanks for including me! I can't wait for next year!!!

Chandra said...

Deanna - So glad you enjoyed yourself. My calves don't hurt a bit (haha). Feeling the sleep deprivation right along with you.

Hope - So wish you could have been there. I think I might have convinced everyone to attend the April one next year. Have fun in Dallas.

Marylou said...

Back in my day it was big blue 15 passenger Dodge maxivans that filled the parking lots. Does that mean with the exception (did I do the right word?) of the Duggers the HS family is shrinking??? PS From N ::::can N and I stay here forever... on secondthought from N.. maybe till lunch time....