Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest Things

My father is a pastor and currently my family attends the church where he preaches. We have a multipurpose building(serves as sanctuary and gymnasium). So inside you will find 2, rather large, movable basketball goals which of course every boy loves to climb. I mean seriously why did God make trees...... so my little guys can climb all the way to the top and give me a heart attack (wasn't the first and I am sure it won't be the last). Anyway, back to the basketball goals. So you have a church with a lot of little boys (some big ones too) running around who love to climb up those basketball goals. Of course only 2 of those boys are the grandsons of the pastor. So my boys have on numerous occasions (did I mention my boys like to climb?) been told to get down by my father, the pastor. Well the other day, some other boys were climbing the basketball goal and Mr. N proceeded to tell them that his grandpa doesn't really want anyone climbing on said goals. Then he continues on to say and I quote, "He is the Priest, we should probably listen to him". Oh yes, won't my father be happy to hear that when he returns. Only one of many things to come out of their little mouths that will shock some and embarrass others (mainly me). Here is the bright side, Lil Mr. N can't even talk yet.

No comments: