Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Have Created a Monster

I tend to be somewhat detail/task oriented. I like to have a plan for the day and be able to mentally check things off as I accomplish them. Apparently my somewhat anal, obsessive (whatever you want to call it) behavior has begun to rub off on my 6 year old. As I was preparing for the day Mr. N comes in with a piece of paper numbered from 1 to about 30. He requested that I make a list of everything we need to get done today so that he can check it off. Sound a little familiar? It didn't end there. Everything we did he would proceed to check it off and then let me know what the next thing was we needed to be doing. However, when I was doing something (like blogging) that wasn't on the list he had to make sure that I knew it wasn't on the list by saying,

"Um, mom is working on the computer on the list?".

My response, "Well, it should be".

I appreciate his detail to always having a gameplan and I firmly believe that have an organized household is very beneficial to life, however, I like to be the ONE organizing it.

4 comments:

Hope said...

Ahhh, I think after our conversation the other day we can officially classify Mr. N as a melancholy? I would totally take advantage of that and have him make a list of all the things that need cleaned and then do it so that he can check them off. He could have a very busy and productive summer ahead of him, all while you blog away.

Chandra said...

Oh yes I can sit by the pool with my laptop and blog away while Mr. N becomes Mr. Clean

Heather said...

Ah, I now see how much you two (Hope and you)are alike. I'm surprised Miss. A hasn't tried this yet. Now, when N. shows up with a clipboard or blackberry in hand, you'll know who's in charge. :)
H

Marylou said...

I just love this! Send him over with his clip board!