Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lunch With An Olympic Gold Medalist

Yesterday my parents, my siblings and their families, myself and my family all got together to have lunch with an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST! This was not just any gold medalist, this was family. Scott Touzinsky was, number 18, on the USA Men's Volleyball this summer at the Beijing Olympics. Scott is married to my cousin Angel. We had such a great time. Scott is such a humble guy and gladly shares his gold with anyone who wants to see. I was so impressed with his attitude. He doesn't seem much like one to let things go to his head and he appears to still have the attitude despite the fact that he has been treated much like a celebrity since arriving back home in St. Louis, Missouri.

The whole day seemed unreal. Not many people get to see an Olympic gold medal let alone hold it. How many people actually know an Olympian? It was so exciting just to think that we were going to know someone who had been in the Olympics and we watched Scott play almost every game (thanks to TIVO). We are so proud of Scott and excited that we actually got to see an Olympic medal, GOLD to boot.

A little interesting fact about the medals from the Olympics. China is well known for its high resource of jade. On the back of each medal is a ring of jade, Gold has white jade, Silver has green jade and Bronze has black jade. Thanks again Scott for spending the day with us and sharing your once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy all the pictures.



Lil Mr. N with the Gold

Me with Scott

Matthew with Scott

Scott with Mr. N and Mr. I

3 comments:

ellison mom of four said...

Okay... Your cute, your husband is handsome, but seriously how did you get kids that cute? I about flipped when I saw Mr. N wearing the gold. I think I have found one mom who hit the Olympic jackpot in boys.

Chandra said...

Thanks I am pretty proud of them myself. I think they are pretty stinkin' cute. We had fun.

Marylou said...

That sounds like a really fun time, and I love Baby Matthew with the medal around his neck!