Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hunting, Harvest and Happy Mommy

I love everything about fall. Let me count the ways I love thee (fall).

1. The weather - crisp, clean, perfect temperature (love is blind).

2. The colors - changing leaves, apples, pumpkins, cornstalks, you get the idea.

3. The quiet - boys playing outside for hours on end. Yes, I love watching them enjoy the outdoors and I love the quiet that provides. That and they sleep VERY WELL. I sent them out yesterday with their backpacks (full of snacks), hot cocoa and a walkie-talkie. They felt like they were on quite the adventure. I love watching their eyes light up with excitement. They were like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.

4. The fun - mainly our church Harvest Festival. We have been doing this on Halloween night every year for the past six years and it has been a huge success. We invite the entire community. It is a night full of free fun. Games, candy, pony rides, inflatables, free food and fun, fun, fun. It is fun y'all.

5. The deer - not me, but the boys do love hunting. I include this on my list because my husband loves deer hunting. I get excited for him in the fall because he gets to go out and do something for himself. No expectations, just him communing with nature and God. He always comes home happy and refreshed and that makes mommy happy. Happy wife, happy life.

Well, I am sure I could come up with more, but for time's sake I will leave you with my top five. Have a blessed day and enjoy the season with me.

6 comments:

Hope said...

I heart fall too, but not because of deer hunting. :)

ellison mom of four said...

Harvest time is the best time of year for me. It's almost magical like Christmas.
I love the cinnamon candles and the pumpkins and corn stalks.
I also love the fact that deer season is upon us and that soon my husband will be "loving life" like no other time of the year.
Have a great Monday!

Marylou said...

I love fall here in Missouri, but fall in Wyoming is the best thing ever! I do miss Wyoming falls... Which brings me to this story that would have never happened in dry Wyoming... I got my very well sealed tub that contained all my fall decorations, that I have been collecting since I was first married, and when I opened it, I started coughing and choking and found out the container was filled with wet moldy used to be fall decorations! Kristi took the container to the trash for me while I sat and cried over my beautiful collection going bad. I loved my Thanksgiving stuff the most. Oh well Now I will have to start all over. I will get all new fall decorations.. I guess it is okay I love shopping for fall decorations....

Anonymous said...

I heart fall for deer eating.

Chandra said...

Hope- for budget sake we may both have to start loving deer.

Tye - We have plenty. Matthew got one with his bow Sunday. So, you will have to come up and help us eat it all.

Unknown said...

I have lived in MO for 15 years (having grown up in MN, another beautiful state, by the way)...and one of my many favorite things about MO is the long, gorgeous autumn! In MN it was a blink of the eye...then snow!! Here it is a deep, long breath..time to really take it in and bask in God's beauty! Time to notice the day to day changes...the wonders of His creation...isn't it amazing? Yes, it also does make the hunting more enjoyable!! I can't believe you ladies aren't out there with your man :)...it is great to be out there waiting for the deer (elk soon) to come into view! I really do enjoy the hunt almost as much as Jim! God is Great!!